Eliminating the Effect of Stress on Your Diet Plan
- I wake up after eight hours of uninterrupted sleep. It is absolutely crucial am not woken up unless I get up myself – on my own. My son knows this, everyone in the house know it is a rule.
- Breakfast: A bowl of gruel (corn or oatmeal) with ½ x 170g evaporated milk or 1 cup whole-grain, high fibre cereal with low fat fresh milk and 1 soft boiled egg, 1 apple, 1 cup of coffee.
- Mid morning: ½ small packet of unripe plantain chips, 1 cup of coffee to see me through my emails, 1 glass of water.
- Lunch: 1 small bowl of white soup with pieces of potatoes, cabbage, and fresh fish, 1 orange, 1 glass of water.
- Mid-afternoon: 3 pieces Jacob Crackers and 1 small chunk of hard cheese or handful of peanuts, 1 glass of water.
- Gym: 2hrs gym workout – 1 hour of high-intensity aerobics, 1 hour of resistance training. (I try to go to the gym four days a week: two days of 2 hours fast walking, one day of rest).
- Post-gym: 1 Banana & 750 ml water to sip.
- Dinner: Turkey breast or chicken stew with boiled rice, and green leafy salad, a glass of red wine (optional), 1 glass of water.
- Evening: 1 medium slice Pineapple or Papaya; 1 Wellwoman 50+ multivitamin.